If you are looking for a sportive holiday, you will have the choice between many activities, either on your own or in a supervised environment:
- Hiking in the Luberon Regional National Park, on the Monts de Vaucluse, from the different perched villages: the GR6/91/97, the GR de Pays des Monts de Vaucluse and the Chemin de la Peste, the Way of Saint Jacques de Compostelle, the Veroncle gorges, the Nesque gorges, the Régalon gorges, the Mont Ventoux...
- By bike: Véloroute du Calavon, a green route along an old railway line; signposted itineraries "Le Lubéron à vélo"; the Barthelasse Island, between Avignon and Villeneuve and between the two arms of the Rhône, the largest river island in Europe...
- Horseback riding
- Canoe on the Sorgue or Durance rivers
- Swimming in lakes and rivers
- Via Ferrata
- Hot air Balloon …
To discover the region, the surrounding villages offer many sites of visits or specialties:
- Cabrières d'Avignon: its short film festival, the Mur de la Peste, the cedar forest
- Coustelet: its farmer's market and the lavender museum 5min away.
- Fontaine de Vaucluse and its source 10min away
- Gordes, classified as one of the "most beautiful villages in France" and the Village des Bories 10min away.
- Oppède le Vieux, recognized as a "remarkable heritage site" 10min away.
- Cavaillon and its remains 15min away
- L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, its half-yearly flea market (European capital) and its canals 15min away.
- Sénanque and its abbey 15min away
- Roussillon and its ochres at 20min
- Apt, its candied fruits and its animal park, the Parc de Lagarde, which presents different types of deer 25min away.
- Avignon, the Bénezet bridge, the Popes' palace and the Off-theater festival 35min away
- Lourmarin, classified as one of the "most beautiful villages in France" 35min away.
- Villeneuve les Avignon, its monuments, and its breathtaking view of Avignon 40min away.
- Dentelles de Montmirail at 1h away
- Aix en Provence and Marseille at 1h15 away
We have selected and tested for you many walks and bike rides starting from the house. We have maps, books and copies of these itineraries at your disposal, as well as many other routes nearby.